Monday, January 26, 2009

The beginning of my career to present...

I was about 18 years old when it all started..Introduced to a techniques turntable 1200 I believe was the model number (so long ago I can't remember). I loved music especially club and dance. Played instruments at a young age such as the drums and guitar so I had some rhythm...later found that having that rhythm allowed me the ability to mix music together. In the night club world as a DJ, mixing song for song was as important as having bouncer's in the club breaking up all the angry drunks. Worked as a club DJ for a while and had a blast!!

3 years later recieved a CRAZY message on my machine from a guy by the name of Eric. (This is what he said) and I quote..."Dude this is Eric I heard your a great music mixer I need an assistant for my wedding in two weeks call me back" end quote...So I'm thinking ok, he's a little energetic for me right now but what the hell let's see if I can help. Needless to say my Mobile DJ career was launched that evening. I started working for his company at the time Elite Entertainment. Little did I know that my emceeing skills were left to be desired. So it took many days and nights of practicing in front of the mirror. As corny as that sounds, believe it or not, seeing and hearing myself speak was exactly what I needed.

I'll never forget my first party as an entertainer...I remember it like it was yesterday. The Oak Tree Lodge in Neptune, NJ. Outdoor birthday party for about 35-40 kids at the ages of 6-10. I was soooooo nervous I thought I was going to be sick. The party was a complete success!!! I went home that late afternoon and was so excited to tell Eric I had done well. It was his companies reputation on the line so I didn't want or need to screw that up. I met him in person that afternoon and was so excited I was talking a mile a minute. Stuttering and laughing in between all of my breaths. Eric was thrilled, turns to me and says that's awesome Dave can I have the check for the balance that was due? Wouldn't you know it I FORGOT to collect the check...lol Eric laughed hysterically thankful he was a good sport. Thanks ET.

Worked with Eric from 1990-1997 then branched off on my own and created Interactive DJ Entertainment. Built the company with the help of others to 15 emcee entertainers, performing over 1200 parties per year...We were a very successful company recommended by the finest facilities in NJ and personally referred by many clients. This is were Joe and I became associates in the business. Joe began working with us and was very successful as a DJ. He was one of our most requested DJs and liked by many in our industry. He built a great reputation for himself and is well known as a great entertainer.

After 7 years, a nasty divorce and a change in partner philosophy, it was time to move on. Exclusive DJ Entertainment's inception had began. Less frustration. less overhead, less headaches, less anxiety and the list goes on...I don't regret a single part of Interactive Entertainment and learned some very valuable life lessons. "I would much rather fail repeatedly and grow, then to never give it a try"

As Exclusive started to grow, I ran into some of the similar past issues of turning away calls. At that point I knew Joe had left the company and started off on his own as well. So the natural thing to do is past the calls over to a very qualified entertainer. We both were referring each other week after week. After sharing ideas and a similar philosophy, we decided to start working together as two independent companies. NJS BEST DJS a group of independent companies networking together as one. What a great concept!! we are very excited and look forward to a successful future.

Well everyone, there you have it...

"History in the making"

All the best!!!
Dave Nase

No comments:

Post a Comment